After completing my updates to the Blowfish object, I wasn’t thoroughly convinced that it was perfect. I thought it could benefit from some testing by people who didn’t make the thing. Often developers don’t accurately foresee all of the ways users will try to use their software, so it can be difficult to account for all possible situations. I was advised by Clickteam to post the updated object on one of their forums so that others could test it out. Now, I wasn’t expecting a large response to my update, but I also wasn’t expecting no response to it. As of writing this, my post has only 12 views and no replies. The only comment I received was in Clickteam’s chat room where a user informed me that he couldn’t believe I had updated the Blowfish object because it was so old. He has a point. The object is years old and may have been replaced by something better in my time away, or perhaps it has simply fallen into obscurity. I probably should have verified its use within the community before making the major updates that I did. Oh well. Maybe there are some people who will find it useful should they ever realize it’s been updated.
I decided that I would port the Associative Array object first since most of these languages support such structures natively. When I started, I noticed that my current source code for the Associative Array object was in an intermediate state. Great. Five years ago, I was in the process of some sort of update because I had variables that I initialized but never defined or used and I had a function header with a comma after the last parameter as if I was about to add a new parameter. I’m going to have to spend some time analyzing my code so that I can make sure everything is working properly. I’m not looking forward to this, but it’s a necessary step along the path I am about to take. In the future, I suppose I should make a to-do list part of each of my projects in case I get sidetracked for a few years